Walt Disney World offers Extended Evening Hours (or 'EEH') to guests who are staying at some of their resort hotels. This provides you with extra time in the parks after other guests have left, meaning you can get those last few rides for the night done!
This ends up being a huge benefit, especially if you don't wish to pay for Genie+ or Lightning Lanes as the parks are quieter, making it easier to get on high-demand rides such as Guardians of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at Epcot, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios.
Typically Extended Evening Hours are not offered at all parks at once. You may find that during your whole stay at Disney World there are only one or two days where you can take advantage of this.
You can check the Theme Parks pages linked in the navigation bar here on WDWHours.com to see if any of the parks will have EEH during your stay.
Which Disney Resort Hotels provide Extended Evening Hours?
You'll be able to take advantage of Extended Evening Hours if you're staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney Deluxe Villa Resort listed below:
Disney Deluxe Resorts
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas (both Jambo House and Kidani Village)
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas
- Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney's Riviera Resort
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
A small selection of partner resorts also include Evening Extended Hours:
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World
Which rides and attractions are open during Evening Extended Hours?
Not all rides may be operating during extended hours. Each park has its own list of attractions that are usually open, however, on occasion, some may be closed.
- "it’s a small world"
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Mission: SPACE
- Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
An official list of whist attractions that remain open is not currently offered by Disney, however, expect it to contain popular rides such as:
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours - The Adventure Continues
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Extended Evening Hours are not currently offered at Animal Kingdom, this is likely due to it being an animal-orientated park. If Extended Evening Hours do ever come to the park we'd expect it to only be available for the non-animal attractions, such as:
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach
- Kali River Rapids
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- It's Tough to be a Bug!
- Na'vi River Journey
Extended Evening Hours are not currently offered at Disney's waterparks, however, they do run their own ticketed evening events instead. These are available to all guests for a per-person fee.
Requirements for attending Extended Evening Hours
As mentioned above you'll need to be staying at a Deluxe Disney Resort or Deluxe Disney Villa Resort to attend Extended Evening Hours. There are a few other requirements to bear in mind too:
- You'll need a valid theme park admission for the day.
- You'll need a reservation or a park hopper for the day.